The Practice now offers a number of additional routine appointments outside of normal surgery hours. These appointments are designed for patients who may find it difficult to attend surgery during normal daytime hours. For example:
- Patients who work and find it difficult to attend during the week
- Patients whose main carer may need to help and escort them to the surgery
These appointments are all pre-booked telephone consultations only. Appointments are available 6:30pm until 7:45pm on 2 days each week which may be either Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and/or Saturdays on a rota'd basis (please check with our Reception team or online for scheduled clinics). These slots open 7 days prior to the appointment and can be booked online or by telephone by contacting the Practice on 0114 234 5338.
- The Practice premises are closed during the clinics and patients should not attend the surgery.
- Patients who run out of medication out of surgery hours should contact the Sheffield Out-of-Hours service by calling the Practice's main telephone line on 0114 234 5338.
- Patients who are ill and need to be seen urgently should contact the Sheffield Out-of-Hours service by calling the Practice's main telephone line on 0114 234 5338, call NHS 111 for advice or attend A&E where appropriate.
Sheffield GP Out-of-Hours Hubs
If it is deemed appropriate, a GP may offer you an appointment at on of four GP access centres across Sheffield (6pm-10pm weekdays and 10am-6pm weekends) which includes Fairlawns. These appointments are booked for the same day after your suitability has first been assess by a GP. This service is not run by the Practice and has no involvement in its operation.